Serving Atlanta Area Schools and Educators since 2001
Five key components guide the development of the organization and our programs:
- Co-Teaching to create genuine partnerships between the classroom teacher and the artist;
- Metaphorical Thinking to facilitate connections, relationships, and depth;
- Equity to foster contribution, choice, unique and collective voices;
- Research-based inquiry, embracing learning in its linear, non-linear, and lateral leaping pathways; and
- Witnessing the process through a harmony of acknowledgement, sound boarding, and clarity of documentation.
APAL has had the honor and pleasure of partnering with:
Atlanta Public Schools
City of Atlanta
Office of Cultural Affairs
Fulton County Arts and Culture
Utah State University
Youth On The Move
The Atlanta Partnership for Arts in Learning (APAL) is an artist-run laboratory, committed to sustained, innovative partnerships between teaching artists and educators with an enlightened trust in artists. APAL’s goals are to enhance both academic and arts education through a flexible, arts-infused classroom experience, and to nurture a teaching model for profound learning and thought.